- January 31, 2017
- Posted by: Catherine Youds
- Category: Blog
Don’t forget that, from 2017, any changes to the National Living Wage (NLW) rates and National Minimum Wage (NMW) will take place in April.
In November 2016, the government announced in its Autumn Statement that the following NLW and NMW rates would apply from April 2017:
- The rate for workers aged over 25 years (NLW) will increase to £7.50 per hour.
- The rate for workers aged 21 to 24 years will increase to £7.05 per hour.
- The development rate for 18 to 20 year olds will increase to £5.60 per hour.
- The rate for 16 to 17 year olds will increase to £4.05 per hour.
- The apprentice rate will increase to £3.50 per hour.
If you need any support in implementing the NLW, or with managing any of your people issues, contact Aspire HR at www.aspirehr.co.uk or email@example.com